Saturday, June 18, 2011

No transportation, Yes!

As i moved to the Florida Keys all i could think about was how Stoked i was to not have to have a car! Considering the Island i live on is 6 miles long, and 2 1/2 miles wide. 1st thing i bought in Key West was a BIKE! As new weeks have been approaching i am realizing how hot it is actually getting, as well as Humid! I feel like by the time i get to work I'm pretty much wet almost everywhere, good thing I'm sporting the short hair, no one will ever know! :] 
There is this great resort right by my apartment called the "Double Tree Resort" and they have a shuttle that goes into downtown every hour. So i normally ride that if i am working a night shift.. Well its the funniest thing, there is this Driver his name is Eddie, he is I'm guessing mid-50s. Great Great guy! I try to ride whenever he is working, literally if i see him driving up i am yelling "YESS (in my head with a smile on my face!)". Every time he drives hes got Oldies Music playing to the point where you can still converse with the people next to you, or totally just Jam Out! Its the BEST! On my ride home last night we got the privilege to hear some Elvis Presley, carpenters, and some Beatles! Lets just say.. I'm in my own world when i ride with Eddie! Thanks man. 
One thing i love about my bike, is getting fresh air in the AM riding to work as well as being able to really enjoy Key West's beauty, along with the water. Who knows i may never be able to capture the moments I'm having on my rides here anywhere else. I'm taking it for what it is! And LOVING my bike! Great workout as well. 
Not having Transportation right by my side is actually really nice! Not having to worry about the darn oil changes, check ups, rotating of tires, Blah Blah Blah.... I pass by an Auto Repair now, and just SMILE! My world is a little different not having my necessities right by my side... You should try it. Ive got 3 months of this. I cant wait to see how my gratitude has changed for Cars/Transportation in my every day life. 
Check out the Island! Its NUTTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment